Mother's Day... we invited Mr. Incredible's family over to celebrate for dinner Sunday night... so I ran around all day, cooking, cleaning, putting things away. And trying to make all the obligatory 'Happy Mother's Day!' phone calls to grandmothers etc. While on one said phone calls, I was hurridly (new word alert!!) stuffying things away in my Creation Station (my sewing room- but I'm trying to think of something else to call it...). One handed, I reached up to put things away on this shelf:
Do you see the danger? Let me show you:
What is that you might ask? Let me tell you. Its the bottom nine inches or so from our 2009 Christmas Tree. Why is it perched precariously on a top shelf in my project room? I have some great intention to make it into a cherished family heirloom someday. Don't worry, I'll probably blog about it if it ever happens.
So what happened when I distractedly reached up to the top shelf? Let me show you:
Oh let me illustrate again:
Let me answer the obvious questions:
1. yes, it hurt.
2. yes, I saw little spots- but no birds...
3. no, I managed to stay on the phone, delivering my mother's day wishes.
4. no, I did not shout any expletives or other curses (I was talking to my grandmother for crying out loud!)
5. and yes, I had to entertain dinner guests with a gigazmo (new word alert! 2 in one post!) red mark on my forehead.
6. oh and its still there... and its getting darker.
Hope you all had an injury-free weekend!
(oh- did anyone get the irony?)