Thursday, November 5, 2015

Unshakable

Do you know that Building 429 song- "We won't be shaken" ? I used to think it was kind of a shallow song- until we said 'yes' to something really crazy and completely beyond ourselves. And with that 'yes' came lots of 'what ifs' and 'I couldn't possiblys' and let's just say there was a lot of opportunities to be shaken. But here's the thing- I was not. Shaken. Not once. Our one, wimpy- human-powered 'yes' unleashed a whole lot of mighty and amazing God acts that have left us unshakable. Even now as I count down the hours of the days that we wait for another yes- a 'yes you can come get her'- I am not moved or swayed in our decision. How could I be? We have see God answer prayers, provide funding, open doors, change hearts, start new projects, shift perspectives... I want nothing more than to jump on a plane and bust her out of the orphanage once and for all. Each passing second is a second she is without a family and there is TONS of room for anxiety and just general... Shakiness. But instead I will wait quietly before God, my rock and my salvation- my unshakable fortress.



No comments:

Post a Comment