Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scenes from my Commute

On my daily commute to work, I pass a dairy farm.  As I sped by at 50 mph, something caught my eye that made me exclaim loudly, startle Nora, and make an illegal U-turn all in the course of about 30 seconds.

I saw this cow:


Giving birth to this calf:


Right along the side of the road!  All I had with me was my lackluster cell phone camera so I witnessed the event without photographing it (and you should all be very grateful).  But I came back an hour later with a camera to check on the baby.

Mama cow was not too happy to have me around so I snapped a few photos and was about to leave when this brown cow started mooing at me.


It wasn't a particularly angry moo so I got a little closer:


And then she got a little closer:


And then I decided that was close enough to a cow for one day and went on my merry way.

The End.

JT's still not eating... so no new series update today :(

-CtF

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures as usual. Were these cows right next to the highway? I'm surprised you were able to spot a calf getting birthed as you drove by. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete