Monday, July 11, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek

Well, if you're a facebook friend of mine or Mr. Incredible, you've heard the rumors of our baby nursery. We turned our seldom used guest room (aka the place where we put things that had no place) into a room for our son (coming soon!).  After cleaning, repainting, organizing, and getting rid of a lot of stuff, I went a little wild with mixing colors, textures, and things I love.  Mr. Incredible didn't want to miss out on the fun and somehow managed to convince me to allow a giant hole to be cut into the room, a separate closet built on the opposite side of the hole in the garage, and a 130 gallon salt water fish tank to be installed (I know- how could this happen?!?).

So our baby will have his very own 130 gallon reef tank.

...



....




.....



Ok.... I had to let that last statement sink in a bit.  Aside from the fish tank, we were able to do the room for relatively little moolah.  Most of the furniture came from other rooms in our house, a lot of the artwork and decor was made by me, and the two big items- the crib and chair were shower gifts (yay!).

So, without further adieu... our nursery sneak peek!



A view of the fish tank.  To see more, visit Austin's fish thread.







I have a few more projects I'd like to add eventually and I'm sure we'll make adjustments to things as we figure out what works and what doesn't, but in the meantime, we're pretty happy with the room... and both find ourselves hanging out in there (although the fish tank might be a draw for Mr. I).

One re-done room on the cheap + ginormous fish tank = cool baby room... now just add baby!

1 comment: