Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No Stress Toddler Valentine's Day Party

I threw a fun Valentine's party for Corbin-o's playgroup.  I've finally learned that parties for a bunch of 1 year olds requires simplicity!  Simple decorations (because really only the mom's care about that), simple foods that little ones and grown ups will like, and simple activities with really low expectations set for them.  Here's what we did:


Simple decorations- heart-shaped doilies and paint chips in reds and pinks stapled into a banner...


My little helper checking out the food ahead of time...

All manner of heart-shaped food: pb&j, strawberries, crackers and dip...


My biggest project and favorite part: a baby/toddler-sized table that I made... with chalkboard paint for the top!  I decorated beforehand with a v-day inspired chalk drawing.


I didn't anticipate that the kiddos would all climb on a table that was their size... but it didn't break and everyone was having fun so we went with it. (remember what I said about low expectations?!)


Personalized Valentine mailboxes (dollar section from Target) with chalkboard hearts (use latex paint to prime if you paint chalkboard paint on anything metal)....


A simple painting craft- abstract toddler art ;)



And a photo shoot set up in the corner...









Required group shot that Corbin always ruins...


And that was our no-stress Toddler Valentine's Day Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment