Thursday, December 6, 2012

S.A.N.T.A

Last year we skipped the visit to Santa Clause for Mr. Corbino.  He was around 5 months old and the opportunity never really arose for him to sit on the fat man's lap for a photo.  

Mr. Incredible grew up believing in Santa and receiving gifts from him but my family didn't really do the Santa thing.  So when we had a kid, I deferred to Mr. Incredible on the Santa issue- if it was something he really wanted to do for our kids, then we could do it.  With a 5 month old, it hardly seemed like an important issue though.

This year, the Santa Topic came up again, especially now that the Corbin-o is understanding and speaking a lot more than at 5 months.  We decided Santa was not going to play a big role in the Nielsen Family Christmas - Corbin wouldn't be receiving lavish gifts or be regularly told that Santa was coming etc, etc.  

But one can hardly ignore Santa Clause in America now a days... so if asked what Santa says, Corbin will say 'ho.'  And sometimes 'ho ho.'  But never 'ho ho ho.'  He recognizes Santa on TV or in stores...

And we were wandering around a Christmas tree lot that happened to have a Santa Clause.  For free.  And there was no line.  And Corbin said 'ho' unasked.  So I felt like the Christmas fates were telling us to take The Santa Photo.  

And I LOVE when kids cry on Santa's lap.  Like I think its one of the best photos ever.  So I had my hopes up!


everything seems ok...


wait for it...


wait for it...


and....


cue tears....


yes!


Thank you Mr. Clause for terrifying my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment