Here's a look back at some of my (and your) favorite posts from 2012.
1. Witty Title About CIO-ing: Back in January, I confessed to being a hippy and co-sleeping with my baby.
He was six months old and we struggled so much with sleep training that we finally gave in to 'do whatever worked'... which in our case was bringing him into our bed when he awoke in the middle of the night. This post was shared with a lot of people- friends of friends of friends whom I would later meet or hear from in some cases. It was a good reminder to me that everyone feels like they are screwing up as a parent at some point and that probably in reality, we really aren't doing that bad. Looking back now, Corbin does not sleep with us- he actually asks to go to bed and waves me goodbye when I lay him down.... at least for now ;)
2. Baby Boogers: In February I shared another famous Christmas Tree Face Misadventure... and also a peek into the world of disgusting baby products.
Since I was informed that I horrified a mass audience with this post and possibly could be blamed for a decrease in the US population growth, I will leave it at that. Go back and check out the post if you don't recall the sordid details.
3. Another Random Post: Holy Moly! this post received 1,216 views! I shared no photographs, typed out completely random, non-related mini-thoughts/stories, and yet over a thousand of people read it! (Or at least clicked on the post...) Verrrrry Interesting Watson!
4. I'm A Believer: Another sleeeeep post! But look at this sweet photo:
Awwwww! I also revealed details on Mr. Incredible's strange obsession with following the rules (a habit which continues to drive me batty... the other day we went to Legoland Aquarium for the morning... we were there right when it opened and stayed for like 2 hours. So when we left, the parking lot was still very empty. Mr. I had to drive ALL the way down the EMPTY rows of parking spaces, meticulously following the Exit Signs toward the exit... instead of cutting through and going straight out in like ten seconds. Arghghghhg!)
5. Coloring the King of Khaki: This one got me in some trouble... another revealing post about Mr. Incredible... and I also introduced many of you to the existence of khaki colored socks. Very exciting times here on CTF!
6. Whew...spring! A bunch of pics of our busy life, some fun party shots, Mr. Incredible and Corbin-o in tuxes (super cute!), and this delight:
7. Corbin-o Turns One! I shared Corbin's first birthday party- a Cardboard Boxes and Balloons party that was a huge hit. We were also featured on Apartment Therapy so that was cool too!
8. Busy...and how to entertain the Nielsen's for at least half an hour: More rambling... and a horrifying creature in the backyard:
Also a great look back at the many pointing poses of Nora Nora!
9. Yet Another Questionable Parenting Decision: This may have been my favorite post this year... my son displays amazing sleeping skills, I learned the difference between Possums and Opossums (and saw a gross youtube video on how to give an Opossum a pedicure), and Mr. Incredible got to a truly exasperated state and said funny things...
...and I blogged about all of it for the benefit of you, my faithful readers!
10. McMillen Family Photo Shoot (and other family shoots here, here, here, here): I started Christmas Tree Face Photography this year and was busy this winter doing family photo shoots. I had such a great start to my business that I am so excited for what 2013 will bring as far as photography opportunities go. While I had favorite photos from each shoot, I just loved the black and white shots of these two cuties!
11. S.A.N.T.A.: crying babies with Santa...'nuff said!
12. Salt Dough Part II...or why we need a new couch: What better way to finish 2012 than with a gross Nora story. You can never say that we don't keep it real here at Christmas Tree Face!
Just for fun, here are some of the key words that brought people to this blog:
-face appearing in Christmas tree
-is jicama supposed to be slimy
-cactus without spikes
-christmas tree with a face
-fish tank in nursery
-alot of christmas wrapped up gifts
-rit blue dye
-face ornaments for christmas tree
-gender reveal christmas party
Here are the top ten countries that visited CTF:
6. United Kingdom
I hope that has you look back at 2012 you have lots of beautiful and meaningful memories! Happy 2013 Everyone!